Tips To Prolong The Life Of Your Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Practice smooth and safe driving habits..
- Keep up to date with factory-recommended maintenance.
- Use quality parts and fluids.
- Keep on top of repairs to prevent them from developing into larger problems.
- Regularly wash your Camry Hybrid to remove dirt and grime to protect the paint and undercarriage from rust.
- Keep your Toyota Camry stored in a garage to help protect it from extreme heat and cold.
- Read the owners manual to learn the location of important components, what your Camry needs and in what quantities, and to understand the symbols and dashboard warning lights.
Dont Buy A Prius Or Camry Hybrid Battery
The day has finally come. Your dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree and your Prius and Prius Battery is around 10 years old. Youve got a sinking feeling that the battery is going or has gone bad. No problem, you think. Ill just head over to my neighborhood Toyota dealer. And after a diagnostic scan and a P0A80 code, the maintenance department at Toyota suggests you have your Prius HV battery replaced with a new one. How much? you ask. We can fix that right up for ya just $3200. Or between $2200-$2600 BEFORE LABOR something like that. What the??? you ask, how that can that possibly be?! My car is only worth $2000. Well, they explain, the price is the price.
New high-voltage hybrid batteries are usually overkill for your used Prius or Camry. We believe we offer a more appropriate solution for your 10+ year old Camry or Prius.
But isnt that just a Band-Aid? Wont my car be on borrowed time? Of course, your car is on borrowed time. Its a CAR and cars eventually breakdown. So the question is, how long do you plan to drive your car? Are you wanting to keep it for the next 10 years? And do you think your already 10-year-old car will actually last that long?
There you go. Thats our two cents after repairing hundreds of these from our shop in Indianapolis, IN.
How Long Do Toyota Camry Hybrids Last
The Toyota Camry has been the most popular midsize sedan since the 1990s and is one of the best-selling vehicles of all time.
The hybrid version of the Camry was first introduced in 2006 and is considered one of the most reliable hybrids on the market.
For a lot of people, the Camry Hybrid is the perfect daily driver. Its just the right size, offers decent comfort, delivers excellent fuel economy, and is also very affordable.
In this article, well cover the Toyota Camry Hybrids average lifespan.
Recommended Reading: Batteries Plus High Point Nc
Toyota Camry Hybrid Vs Honda Accord Hybrid
The Honda Accord Hybrid was first introduced around the same time as the Camry Hybrid. But after its first generation, it skipped a couple of years until it was reintroduced to the market in 2014.
Toyota and Honda are quite evenly matched when it comes to reliability, but Toyota definitely has a stronger track record in the hybrid segment.
Weve also seen Civic and Accord Hybrid owners reporting theyve needed a hybrid battery replacement at around 200,000 miles which is less than what youd expect from Toyotas hybrid batteries.
The Honda Accord Hybrid should be able to last 250,000 350,000 miles with proper care and maintenance.
- RepairPal gave the Accord a reliability rating of 4.5/5 which is slightly higher than the Camrys rating of 4/5.
- According to RepairPal, the average annual repair cost for both vehicles is almost the same with the Accord costing $400 compared to the Camry costing $388 per year.
- Kelley Blue Books consumer rating index gave the Accord Hybrid a reliability rating of 4.6/5 which is much higher than the Camry Hybrids 3.9/5. Its worth noting that the Camry has 10 times the number of reviews and there are lots of 1 star reviews not related to reliability.
- Edmunds consumer reviews gave the 2021 Accord Hybrid an overall rating of 4.9/5 which is almost the same as the Camry Hybrids 4.3/5.
- J.D. Power gave the Honda Accord a Quality & Reliability rating of 82/100 which is only slightly lower than the Camrys rating of 84/100.
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Warranty
Our warranty on this 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery stands out as the best in the industry. We provide complete warranty coverage for 3 years and unlimited mileage. We expect this battery to provide years of trouble free operation, however, if anything were to happen we will provide a complete replacement battery.
You May Like: How Many Volts Aa Battery
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Vehicle Fitment
This replacement 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery is guaranteed to be the correct fitment for the following vehicle years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. And is a direct replacement option for the following original equipment part number: G9510-33010.
- Package Contents :Hybrid Battery Pack, Fully Assembled
- Product Condition :Fully Remanufactured
- Overall Dimensions :35″ x 20″ x 9″
- Battery Pack Voltage :276 V
- Number of Batteries :34
- Vehicle Fit :2007-2011 Camry Hybrid
- Battery Cell Capacity :6.5 AH
- Battery Pack Weight :115 Lbs.
- Warranty :36 Month, Unlimited Mileage Warranty
I was surprised by the price which was half that of my Toyota dealer, pleased by the warranty which was three times as long as Toyota, and delighted by the performance. My Camry Hybrid has all the performance and excellent gas mileage it had when new.
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Shipping
Best Hybrid Batteries offers flat rate shipping based on product weight and shipping zones, with free shipping offered on select products. All shipping rates are calculated and displayed during check-out. Each 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery ordered also includes a free pre-paid shipping label for returning the core battery. Just package the core battery using the same box we sent with the replacement battery and attach the pre-paid label to the box for returning the core battery to Best Hybrid Batteries.
Also Check: Car Battery Replacement At Home
Toyota Camry Hybrid Vs Toyota Ford Fusion Hybrid
The Ford Fusion Hybrid was sold from 2010 to 2020 across two different generations.
Its a popular taxi vehicle in many major cities and can definitely go the distance.
Many owners have also happily driven their Ford Fusion Hybrids past 200,000 miles.
We estimate the average lifespan of the Ford Fusion to be around 200,000 300,000 miles with proper care and maintenance.
- RepairPal gave the Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry the same reliability rating of 4.5/5.
- According to RepairPal, the Ford Fusion average annual cost is roughly $581 which is much higher than the Camrys estimated $388.
- Kelley Blue Books consumer rating index gave the Fusion Hybrid a reliability rating of 4.7/5 which is much higher than the Camry Hybrids 3.9/5. Its worth noting that the Camry has 3 times the number of reviews and there are lots of 1 star reviews not related to reliability.
- Edmunds consumer reviews gave the 2020 Fusion Hybrid an overall rating of 4.8/5 which is much higher than the Camry Hybrids 4.3/5 rating.
- J.D. Power gave the Ford Fusion a Quality & Reliability rating of 87/100 which is also much higher than lower than the Camrys rating of 84/100.
Ford is capable of producing very reliable hybrid vehicles as evidenced by the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Fusion Hybrid. Both have been used in taxi fleets extensively.
Repair costs for the Fusion Hybrid may be higher and the Toyota Camrys interior might hold up better in the long run.
* Ratings for entire model range
Toyota Camry Hybrid Faults Vsc And Hybrid Battery System
Asked by Aug 23, 2021 at 07:13 PM about the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid FWD
Question type: Maintenance & Repair
Since we bought car a couple years ago started loosing power up hills on interstate, car motor would rev up but would not go faster and had the vsc and hybrid battery system faults, after a few months we kept the vehicle on more level ground until it finally just would not go. Remove the battery pack, cleaned all the battery terminals and charged each cell, installed , car started no faults, battery voltage at 250VDC but when you tried to rev motor it would not and faulted to vsc and check hybrid system. Cleared faults and got it up to about 10 mph and applied brakes, voltage did not change. Any help would be appreciated.
Also Check: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Battery
How Long Do The Brakes Last
The Camry Hybrids brake pads should last over 100,000 miles and the brake rotors can last even longer.
The Camry Hybrid uses regenerative braking to charge its battery and slow down the vehicle whenever you take your foot off the gas, which helps extend the life of the brakes.
If you drive aggressively, you can wear down the pads much longer.
Excessive rust build up will also shorten the lifespan of the brake rotors.
Free Mobile Installation In All Of California
Mobile installation in all of California is included in the price. We install batteries seven days a week, pretty much 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
One of our technicians will call you and set up a time that best works with your schedule. Once we get out there, our technician will actually scan your vehicle with the appropriate software. We will identify and make sure that first of all, you need a hybrid battery. Its not very often, but sometimes we get out there and the hybrid battery is not the issue.
If it is the hybrid battery, well go ahead and perform the work. Our technician will do a test drive in your car, reset your computers to all the factory settings, hand you back your keys, and youre good to go. You pay for service once the service has been complete.
You May Like: How Long Does Hybrid Battery Last
Alabama Delaware District Of Columbia Florida Georgia Indiana Kentucky Mississippi Maryland North Carolina Ohio South Carolina Tennessee Virginia West Virginia
Is your location outside of our service area? You have 2 options:
If you need any help with your Prius, Lexus or Camry hybrid battery, please call us anytime Monday through Saturday. We will be honored to guide you in the very best direction for you and your hybrid!
Hybrid Battery 911 LLC
Toyota Camry Hybrid Vs Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Though the Corolla has been sold for just about as long as the Camry, Toyota only introduced a hybrid version in the U.S. in 2020.
The Corolla Hybrid is smaller than the Camry and has a smaller engine, but it returns better fuel economy.
You can expect the Corolla Hybrid to last an equally impressive 300,000 500,000 miles just like the Camry Hybrid.
- RepairPal gave the Corolla a reliability rating of 4.5/5 which is slightly higher than the Camrys rating of 4/5.
- According to RepairPal, the average annual repair cost for both vehicles is almost the same with the Corolla costing $362 compared to the Camry costing $388 per year.
- Kelley Blue Books consumer rating index gave the Corolla Hybrid a reliability rating of 4.4/5 which is much higher than the Camry Hybrids 3.9/5. Its worth noting that the Camry has 4 times the number of reviews and there are lots of 1 star reviews not related to reliability.
- Edmunds consumer reviews gave the 2021 Corolla Hybrid an overall rating of 4.4/5 which is almost the same as the Camry Hybrids 4.3/5.
- J.D. Power gave the Honda Accord a Quality & Reliability rating of 80/100 which is only slightly lower than the Camrys rating of 84/100.
The long-term reliability of the Camry Hybrid and Corolla Hybrid should be roughly similar.
Just like the Camry, the Corolla has built up a strong track record for reliability over several decades.
Recommended Reading: Change Battery Nissan Key Fob
After Buying 2008 Toyota Camry Battery
Got a new car battery installed in your 2008 Toyota Camry? Good thinking! Now, help it last longer and stay charged by caring for it from the get-go. ensuring all the lights are turned off before you leave the car, decreasing the number of short trips you take, keeping the battery posts corrosion-free, and not playing the radio or using other electronics when the engine is turned off.
Toyota Hybrid Owners Speak Out On Battery Length And Cost
Toyota hybrids are known to be among the most reliable vehicles currently on the market. Actually, it has been this way for two decades since Prius was first introduced to the public.
A recent study by iSeeCars.com found that Prius is the vehicle that original owners keep the longest. An amazing 13.7% of 15-year-old or older Prius cars are still being driven by their original owners. The average in the auto industry is 6.1%
But one of the most common hesitations or areas of concern for potential Toyota Prius owners, along with other popular models like RAV4 Hybrid or 2021 Toyota Venza, is with the hybrid battery itself.
I have heard these same concerns repeatedly over the past 15 years I have been studying Toyota hybrid vehicles.
The hybrid battery is going to wear out too soon.
The battery is really expensive to replace.
Valid concerns. And it is perfectly normal to have such concerns.
Toyota Prius hybrid battery life
I recently wrote a Torque News story about Toyota Hybrid battery length. I am referring to the large battery pack as opposed to the 12V battery.
The Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician I interviewed for my story felt most Hybrid batteries will last at least 180,000 to 200,000 miles. Plus, he mentioned that replacement cost is getting cheaper as time goes by.
People comment on Toyota hybrid battery
Quite interesting feedback indeed.
Also Check: What Voltage Is Motorcycle Battery
How Many Miles Can You Expect From A Toyota Camry Hybrid
The Toyota Camry Hybrid has proven to be a very reliable and durable vehicle over the past 15 years its been on the market.
These vehicles have no trouble reaching 300,000 miles without needing any major repairs providing theyre reasonably well looked after.
Lots of taxi fleets use Camry Hybrids due to their amazing reliability and fuel economy.
Its also a firm favorite among Uber and Lyft drivers.
In these scenarios, one can easily rack up hundreds of thousands of miles in only a few years, but the Camry Hybrid is able to take it all in its stride.
Aside from Toyotas legendary reliability, the Japanese automaker has been leading the way for hybrid vehicles and their development ever since it released the Prius.
Its rare to see hybrid drivetrain failures in a Toyota so it shouldnt be a concern if youre thinking of picking up a Camry Hybrid.
Toyota also offers a 10-year/150,000-mile high voltage battery warranty for all hybrid vehicles sold from 2020 onwards so you dont have to worry about expensive battery replacements. Older Toyota hybrids come with a slightly shorter 8-year/100,000-mile warranty.
Once youre out of warranty, hybrid battery replacements for the Camry Hybrid are widely available and quite affordable. So you wont have to spend an arm and a leg just to keep the vehicle on the road.
How Much Does A Camry Hybrid Battery Replacement Cost
I have a 2010 Camry Hybrid and itâs been a super reliable ride until just a few days ago. After taking my car to the dealership, they told me that Iâm going to need a new battery soon. How much will it cost to replace the battery?
expect repair costs to run between $2,000 and $5,000 with parts and laborrisky purchasespros and cons of buying a new Camry Hybrid
Recommended Reading: 2017 Honda Crv Battery Replacement
Is The Toyota Camry Hybrid Reliable
The Toyota Camry Hybrid has excellent long-term reliability while only requiring basic care maintenance. There are many early model Camry Hybrids on the road today that are still being used as daily drivers.
Toyota hybrids have a great track record when it comes to reliability and durability, and they generally arent very expensive to maintain.
Here are a couple of other data points that prove the Toyota Camry Hybrids reliability:
- RepaiPal ranks the Camry as the 3rd most reliable midsize sedan out of 24 other competitors
- Based on the CarComplaints database, the Camry Hybrid has very few customer complaints despite its record breaking sales numbers
How Long Do Toyota Camry Hybrid Batteries Last
The Toyota Camry Hybrids high-voltage batteries can easily last 200,000 to 300,000 miles.
Many Toyota hybrids have even gone past the 300,000-mile mark using the original batteries, so you shouldnt be worried about premature failures or issues.
If you do need to replace the hybrid batteries out of warranty, there are lots of aftermarket replacements available that only cost around $2,000.
Some hybrid specialists offer cheaper repairs but a new or remanufactured battery is the safest option.
Its a relatively small price to pay to extend the life of the vehicle, especially when you compare it to the price of EV batteries which cost at least 5 to 10 times more.
Also Check: Are Solar Batteries Worth It
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Services
Not only are we the absolute best provider of quality 2008 Toyota Camry hybrid batteries, but we also provide our loyal customers with some of the best 2008 Toyota Camry hybrid battery services in the industry. From reconditioning services to hybrid battery repair, we are dedicated to making sure your 2008 Toyota Camry hybrid battery runs for years to come. Not only are we the best in 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Services, but we are also proud of our amazing pricing. If you are interested in having your 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery serviced, at an amazing price, work with us!