What Is The Average Cost For Battery Replacement On A Ford Fusion Hybrid
The average replacement cost varies according to the method and number of facilities. In addition, the vehicles condition determines the total cost of the process.
According to a few reviews, the total price is around $183 to $190. Moreover, it changes with the facilities of service stations.
The cost range never crosses the standard limits. However, a few well-known service portals provide their services for around $188 to $195.
These are the charges of working staff and the head mechanic.
The workshop charges for the services and the facility do not include the taxes or any other fee charges.
Common Car Battery Issues & Problems
We have all been there, whether you leave your lights on, don’t close a door completely, or leave the radio too long without your engine running. One of the most common car problems is a dead battery. But when does your 2017 Ford Fusion battery need to be replaced? Here are a few symptoms that may illustrate your Fusion battery needs to be looked at by a Ford technician or replaced.
- Delayed Engine Crank – when you attempt to start the vehicle, it takes longer than normal to roll over or start.
- Low Battery Fluid Level – if the fluid level is low, you need to have the battery and charging system tested.
- Fluid Leaks or Corrosion – it’s prevailing for battery fluid and substitute fluid leaks to cause excessive corrosion which is an distinct sign the battery needs to be replaced. Over time, corrosion will build generally and can be cleaned to prolong the life of your 2017 Ford Fusion battery.
- Check Engine Light – the check engine light usually turns on when your battery is losing charge.
Firestone Has Diehard Batteries For Fusions
We only want whatâs best for your Ford Fusion, which is why we exclusively carry the best. Your Fusion needs a reliable, durable and powerful battery in even some of the toughest conditions. DieHard batteries shatter expectations using the latest innovative technology to satisfy the increasing power demands of modern vehicles Don’t call a DieHard battery ordinary. It’s an extraordinary battery. Choose a DieHard battery for your Ford Fusion and get behind the wheel with confidence. Why? Because your battery will perform when you need it. That’s the kind of battery we deliver.
Also Check: Ford Transit Van Battery Location
Answers To Your Fusion Car Battery Questions
Get answers to common car battery questions, from Firestone Complete Auto Care. If you have a Fusion-specific battery question, pay us a visit. Our expert techs have the answers you need.
- Why wonât my Fusion battery hold a charge? A battery that won’t hold a charge is almost as good as dead. The battery may be too old. Or, you may have a habit of leaving your car doors open and the dome lights on during the night. Stop by for a complimentary battery check at your nearest Firestone Complete Auto Care and get a handle on your car batteryâs health.
- What do you do with my old Fusion battery? We recycle it, taking care of both your car and the Earth.
- How much will replacing my Ford Fusionâs battery cost if I get a DieHard battery? Get affordable prices on Ford Fusion batteries by using one of our limited-time battery deals. Plus, all DieHard car batteries come with a free replacement warranty and extra coverage with DieHard Assurance.
How Long Do 2017 Ford Fusion Batteries Last
2017 Ford Fusion batteries usually last between 3-5 years, but this is variable depending on driving habits, the type of battery, weather conditions, and more. You can prolong the life of your Fusion battery by:
- Starting your 2017 Ford Fusion naturally is notable. Don’t let your battery go unused for long periods of time.
- Proactively testing your battery
- Cleaning the terminals and posts of corrosion with the normal cleaning solution & a wire brush.
- Keeping the battery tightly fastened – did you know the vibrations of your car can loosen the connections and rattle your battery’s components?
- Keeping your vehicle stored indoors away from extreme swings in temperature or climate
You May Like: Apc Back-ups Pro 1300 Battery Replacement Instructions
How Do 2017 Ford Fusion Batteries Work
SLI stands for starting, lighting, and ignition. This type of battery produces energy in order to power your lights, accessories, and engine. So, how do car batteries work? Most car batteries rely on a lead-acid chemical reaction to get your car off & running. These types of batteries are considered part of the SLI category. Once the energy reaches your engine, the alternator provides power. We bid a fantastic selection and the best prices on batteries that were designed for your vehicle. You can learn more about back-up types of batteries by reaching out to one of our service advisors. If you are shopping for a battery for your 2017 Ford Fusion, count on Coggin Deland Ford. With the help of our 2017 Ford Fusion battery mentors, we will get you back on the road quickly. Book your service appointment online today or call us at 3862100247 with any questions. We look forward to working with you!
What Are Car Batteries And How Do They Work
A car battery is an energy storage device that relies on a chemical reaction within the battery to produce electricity. The stored electrical energy is used to initially operate the starter motor, ignition system, and fuel system on your vehicle. Once your car engine is running, the alternator supplies the electricity needed for all vehicle systems and charges the battery to replace the electric energy used when starting a car.
Most electric vehicles have a traction battery which is in addition to the standard 12 volt battery that is used to start the car engine. Traction batteries also convert chemical energy to supply electrical energy but operate at higher voltages and often are monitored by the PCM .
Also Check: Does Walmart Replace Watch Batteries
Autocheck Vehicle History Summary
Located in Norco, CA/ 12 miles away from Ontario, CA
**TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PUBLIC WHOLESALE PRICING GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!!** 2020 Ford Fusion Remote Keyless Entry P…
This is not a good company. I first drove out to see a car and they couldn’t find the key. The next day they called me to quote a price and by their own website calculation they showed a payment of only 175 for 48 months.When the quote came back it was 246 for 60 months. I asked why and they said they “probably threw in a warranty by mistake”. They said if they removed the warranty it would only be 30 dollars less. I told them they were way off and the guy said “i am in the business of presenting facts not convincing clients”. I told him to scrap the deal. Totally dishonest organization.
Cost At The Mechanic: $1800 To $8000
- Parts: $1,500 to $7,500
- Labor: $300 to $500
A mechanic can replace the hybrid battery in your Ford Fusion Hybrid in a matter of an hour or two because they have the proper tools and training. One thing to consider when replacing the battery is whether to repair your existing battery or replace it entirely. Another is if you choose to replace it, whether to go with a new battery or a used battery. If your Fusions battery is under warranty, Ford will make the right decisions for you at no cost. However, if youre paying out-of-pocket for this repair, you may want to consider other options to save some money.
Read Also: Replace Battery In Honda Crv Key
Buy The Right Battery For Your Ford Fusion
Your Fusion doesn’t have an expiration date, but its battery does. The average car battery lasts three to five years. You want to replace your 2017 Ford Fusion battery before it fails and leaves you stranded. Watch for signs that your current battery is getting too old or too weak. A slow engine crank, a blinking battery or check engine light, bloated battery case, corrosion-covered posts, or dim headlights can all be signs that your battery needs attention.
Or, you can get a complimentary battery check at your nearest Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our equipment can see how much charge is left in your battery. Visit us for a complimentary battery check and, if needed, a replacement battery for your 2017 Ford Fusion. Car batteries are one of our many specialties! Our technicians are well-acquainted with Fordâs service specs for Fusion car batteriesâ reserve capacities and cold cranking amps. Get help figuring out the battery size that fits your car perfectly, and schedule an appointment today for a quick car battery replacement.
What You Lose When You Disconnect The Battery
First, you lose the ECMs adaptive memory. Those are the settings your computer has learned over time to make your engine and transmission run well as it ages. If you disconnect the battery, it forgets all those settings and it has to relearn everything. That takes about 10 cold start drives and it can run poorly until it relearns.
Also Check: Iphone 12 Battery Replacement Cost
Caring For A New Ford Fusion Battery
Did you recently have a new 2017 Ford Fusion car battery installed? Great job! Now, help it last longer and stay charged by caring for it from the get-go. turning off all of the lights when you leave your vehicle, decreasing the number of short trips you take, keeping your battery posts clean, and not using electronics such as the radio and power outlets when the engine is off.
When To Replace A Car Battery
- Your car doesnt start. A new battery has a specified capacity to provide power. This capacity is referred to as the cranking amps rating of the battery. As a battery ages, the actual amps that a battery can supply becomes lower than its original rating Once the cranking amps fall below a critical threshold, it will be difficult or impossible to start your car.
- Battery or charging system warning light is illuminated. Should a battery or charging system warning light illuminate, a mechanic should perform a few basic tests to determine if a battery replacement is needed.
- Electrical components dont work. Once a battery has started to fail, and the voltage produced by the battery drops, then vehicle electrical components can malfunction, such as the security system. If you are experiencing electrical malfunctions, its a smart idea to have the battery tested.
Read Also: Car Battery Won T Charge
Ford Fusion Battery Coupons & Specials In Dallas
From full battery replacement to labor cost savings to extensive discounts on battery parts, McDavid Ford has you covered. You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse parts specials here. McDavid Ford offers monthly battery coupons for your 2017 Ford Fusion.If you can’t find the battery you’re looking for or want to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 8174207990 rapidly. Our Ford Fusion technicians are standing by to help you with all your automotive service needs.
Ford Fusion Battery Coupons & Specials In Salt Lake City
From full battery replacement to labor cost savings to huge discounts on battery parts, has you covered. offers monthly battery coupons for your 2017 Ford Fusion. You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse parts specials here.Our Ford Fusion technicians are standing by to help you with all your automotive service needs. If you can’t find the battery you’re looking for or want to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 3858812581 today.
You May Like: How Many Volts For Car Battery
Cost To Diy: $500 To $5000
- Difficulty Level: Advanced
- Electric drill/screwdriver
Replacing a hybrid battery yourself as a DIY project is an extremely risky venture. It is highly recommended that you leave this project to the professionals at your local mechanic shop. In order to replace the hybrid battery on your own, its best if youve received training in working with high voltage batteries, in particular hybrid vehicle batteries. This is not usually training that the layman has received, which is why its recommended to take your Ford Fusion Hybrid to the shop to have the experts replace your hybrid battery.
Keep in mind: Several types of hybrid batteries are available for purchase, so youll want to ensure that you select the one specifically designed for your Ford Fusion. The hybrid battery is often marked with bright yellow or red lines to signify the danger of working with the hybrid battery. Be sure to consult your owners manual for recommendations on the hybrid battery to avoid serious injury or death. Its best to leave this project to a trained professional to avoid injury to yourself or damage to your vehicle and related components of the hybrid system.
How To Fix The Ford Fusions Battery Draining Problem
take your car to a professional mechanicwhy your battery is unable to hold a chargebetween $175 and $185
- Locate your vehicleâs battery by referencing your ownerâs manual.
- Turn the engine off.
- Loosen the bolt holding the black cable with a wrench. You should be able to remove the cable by gently twisting and pulling.
- Remove the red cable by repeating the previous step.
- Using a wrench or ratchet, remove the battery.
- Install the new battery by reversing the order of the previous steps, and youâre done!
- A parasitic drain essentially means an electrical component in your car is continually sucking power from your battery, even when the engine is turned off. A mechanic can determine if this is the case.
- Faulty alternators are often linked to battery issues. Repairing or replacing your alternator may be the right option.
- Corroded battery cables and terminals dramatically impact the operation of your battery. Make sure everything is hooked up properly and inspect the terminals for signs of damage.
You May Like: Battery For Audi Key Fob
Ford Fusion Battery Replacement
Replacing some types of batteries, especially in newer models, can be very tricky as hood space in vehicles continues to shrink to improve performance. Because of this, some batteries can be difficult to access. You’ll want to check your 2017 Ford Fusion owner’s manual for correct information on where your battery is located. Oddly enough, some batteries can be located under the floorboard or in the trunk, however, this is exceptionally uncommon.
How to replace your battery:
Larry H Miller Super Ford Salt Lake City Battery Replacement & Ford Batteries For Sale
Call Larry H. Miller Super Ford Salt Lake City at 3858812581 or schedule battery service online for the fastest battery replacement in Salt Lake City UT. At Larry H. Miller Super Ford Salt Lake City, our service team is comprised of Ford adept certified technicians that can help diagnose what is wrong with your battery. Our Ford factory-trained mechanics can change your Fusion battery promptly at exceptionally ambitious prices.We will check your battery for any simple fixes such as delicately examining your battery for corrosion build-up before recommending a full battery replacement. Our primary objective is customer service unlike many other auto repair shops. Every Now And Then it is just a poor battery connection and tightening or reconnecting loose components might get your 2017 Ford Fusion started again. Outstanding service and inexpensive prices are just two of many reasons people do business with Larry H. Miller Super Ford Salt Lake City.
Read Also: Cordless Drill With Battery And Charger
How Often Should I Change It
A watch battery should be changed every 1 to 3 years. You shouldnt wait till it dies to change it either. Changing it should be part of your routine maintenance you do on your timepiece. If the battery does in your watch, you dont want to let it sit. When an old battery dies it can leak and cause damage to the internal components of your watch.
If My Watch Is Under Warranty Is The Battery Covered
Batteries are not normally covered under warranty. Warranties for most brands cover mechanical parts and manufacturer defects only.
What you should know though is if you have someone replace the battery at a local repair shop you could technically void your warranty if your watch is still covered. Most companies consider anyone doing any type of maintenance on a watch other than an authorized service center grounds for voiding the warranty.
It may seem like a simple task to swap it out, but timepieces have complicated internal components. Once you open the back case, you could introduce dust into into which could cause issues. If you are concerned about keeping your warranty in tact, an authorized battery swap is advised.
You May Like: Marine Battery For Sump Pump