Honda Civic Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob 2007
Honda Civic Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob 2007-2013
- Place your car key fob on a flat surface.
- Flip over the key fob, then locate a tiny screw on its surface.
- Get a sizable screwdriver and use it to screw out.
- Once the screw is removed, you can pop off the rear cover of the key and remove the actual remote control unit.
- The next part is to separate the two halves of the remote unit. Do this by using your fingers when possible or a screwdriver with a small flathead that can fit.
- Inside the rear cover, you will find the battery with the side facing you being –
- Now remove the old battery. Use a screwdriver with a small flathead to gently pop it out.
- The next step is to install a new battery. First, ensure the + faces down while the – faces up. Do not scratch the battery at all.
- Pick the two halves that form the remote control unit and align them well together. Then snap them together.
- Finally, once you have the two halves together, use a screwdriver to return the screw and tighten it.
About Our Range Of Replacement Car Key Batteries
Car key batteries typically last for around three to four years. So, if youre noticing that your battery is either dying, or completely dead, its time to start thinking about a replacement.
Our range of replacement car key batteries at Halfords covers all of the common car brands youre likely to find on UK roads, so were almost guaranteed to have a battery thats right for you. If you already know exactly which battery you need, browse our range above. If youre unsure as to the right car key battery for you, just speak to one of our in-store experts, who will help you find exactly what you need.
Changing a car key battery can be a little tricky, which is why we also offer a fitting service for an extra £5 charge.
In addition to replacing your car key battery, you may also be interested in how you can upgrade your cars security, or replace your car battery. At Halfords, we have everything to keep you on the move safely.
Reasons Why My Honda Key Fob May Not Work
In the automotive industry, Honda is a well-known name, well recognized for its high-end SUV and sedan models.
Despite the fact that all Honda vehicles come with a keyfob, the remote start feature has been added to many models in 2019. Their reliability and 400-foot range make them one of the best on the market.
With all of these options, having a key fob that doesnt work is a real pain. For the most part, the battery isnt at responsible for most problems.
Even after replacing the battery, your key fob may still not operate. There are other considerations to consider in this situation.
You May Like: Car Battery Dead Doors Wont Open
How Do You Change A Honda Key Battery
I have a 2018 Honda Civic Sport and the instrument cluster says that my key fob battery is low. How can I change the battery for a Honda key fob?
To change a Honda key battery
- On the back of the key fob, look for a small tab.
- Push or pull the tab to slide the key out.
- Use the key to pry the fob apart.
- Pop out the battery with a pen by gently pushing it between the clips and the battery.
- Replace the battery with a fresh CR2032 battery, which will cost about $2.
- Reverse the process to put the fob back together. Then, test it out to ensure itâs in working order.
save an average of nearly $900
How To Reprogram Your Honda Key Fob
I recently changed the batteries in my key fob. Do I need to re-program it? Key fobs that arent fakes dont have this problem. However, using aftermarket components entails taking a risk.
Fortunately, most Honda key fobs can be reprogrammed by the user. The bad news is that reprogramming the remote for newer models of cars necessitates specialized software and equipment.
Ive compiled all the information Ive gathered so far on the subject of programming key fobs.
Gather all of your Hondas key fobs. In spite of what youre doing, the automobile will forget the rest.
Lock the doors and windows of your vehicle.
Do not turn the key all the way to the ignition position.
Simply hold down the lock button on your key fob for one brief second inside the first five seconds.
The key should now be in the OFF position.
Take a few seconds to repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 a second time.
In order to get it right the fourth time, only go through stages three and four. Reprogramming the key fob should produce a sound similar to that of the door locking.
You have around five seconds to use the second remote after pressing the lock button once.
Make sure all of your remotes are working by turning off the car.
All of your remote controls have been successfully reconfigured.
In addition, you may see the video here:
Don’t Miss: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Battery
Everything You Need To Know About Honda Civic Key Fob Battery
Do you own or plan on buying a Honda Civic car? How much do you know about the Honda civic key fob and the battery condition? Have you found yourself stranded because of problems related to the Honda civic key fob battery?
There is so much to know about the Honda civic key systems and how they work. Understanding various things such as key fob battery life and replacement is crucial. Other things worth knowing about may include the types of batteries to use.
For this reason, it is important to fully understand as much as possible about the Honda Civic key fob system. In this article, you will find information about the key fob battery, common problems experienced, how to handle them, and the replacement process.
Shop By Ah From Batteryspecialistca
- Now:$16.99Was: Our maintenance-free sealed lead acid batteries with absorbed glass mat technology offer outstanding performance withstanding high current output and deep cycling. Excellent resistance to vibration, shock, chemicals and heat. Lower self-discharge…MSRP: $36.29Decrease Quantity of BW1229 – 12 Volts 2.9Ah -Terminal F1 – AGM Battery – HX12-2.9 – BW1229TIncrease Quantity of BW1229 – 12 Volts 2.9Ah -Terminal F1 – AGM Battery – HX12-2.9 – BW1229TPrice:
Recommended Reading: Blink Outdoor Camera Battery Replacement
How To Change Car Remote Battery
Depending on the make and model of your vehicle, your car remote battery can differ greatly. A lot of vehicle manufacturers make it easy to determine the battery your car remote uses – its generally printed on the side. If you cant find this information on the remote itself, check your owners manual or contact the vehicle manufacturer directly.
Be careful when changing your car remote battery, you dont want to break anything as this could lead to a costly replacement.
Some common places to look for the battery replacement cover are on the back of the remote and in the housing for the backup key.
If you are ever unsure, make sure to check your owners manual or contact the vehicle manufacturer directly.
Low Battery Warning Light
A low battery warning light is an easy sign to see. This is where the car system is able to identify the fob battery condition and relay the same to the dashboard display. For new Honda Civic models, a warning will appear on the dashboard.
It is crucial to note that this is not available for all Honda Civic models but just the new models. Check your car to know if it has this feature.
Also Check: Honda Pilot 2016 Key Fob Battery
What Type Of Battery Do I Need For My Honda Civic Key Fob
Types of batteries for different key fob models
Once you have identified that the battery on your Honda civic key fob is dying, the next step is to replace it. However, the question is, what type of battery do you need to buy for your car key fob?
To make sure that you will choose the right battery for your Honda Civic key fob, you should check it before buying a new one.
Remember, different types of key fobs and different models will use different types of keys. Major categories to know about include:
- Honda Civic Smart Entry Key Remote Models 2014-present: It may contain either a CR2032 or CR2025 battery. In some cases, either type will work, but for best results, replace it with the same kind of battery that originally came with your key.
- Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob Models 2007-2013: CR1616
- Honda Civic Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob Models 2014-2020: CR1620
How Important Is This Service
Battery cables transfer currency from the battery to the electrical components of the vehicle. Without functioning battery cables, the battery has no way of outputting energy. The alternator and starter rely on battery cables for power, so malfunctioning cables mean that your vehicle wont start up or have any electrical energy.
Fast and easy service at your home or office
Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee
Finding a trusted mechanic at a reasonable price can be extremely difficult. With YourMechanic you can skip the auto shop altogether. They send certified and screened mechanics straight to your door and enable you to save big on car repair and maintenance.
YourMechanic will come to wherever your car is to perform any of a wide variety of car maintenance and repair services, and will charge you less than you’d normally pay if you were to drop your car off at a garage.
“YourMechanic will fix your car at your garage at a fixed hourly rate much lower than their brick-and-mortar counterparts.”
Don’t Miss: Battery Change Nissan Key Fob
Precautions To Take When Changing Honda Civic Key Fob Battery
When changing your Honda Civic key fob battery, you have to take some precautions to avoid damage. This will also prevent any other action that may alter the functioning of your remote key.
- Make sure you do not scratch the battery on any side when using a screwdriver. This can ruin your battery and affect its performance.
- Do not allow your screwdriver to touch another part of the remote control while touching the battery. This will create a flow of current that can lead to short-circuiting.
- Ensure you always use the correct battery.
Honda Civic has had three different types of key fobs through its models. As a result, here, you will learn step by step how to change the battery.
How Do I Unlock My Car With A Honda Key Fob That Is Not Working
Use a spare if its in your possession. If it doesnt work, youll need to remove the Honda key fob from your pocket and use the key to unlock the emergency door.
There should be a hidden emergency key slot in the door handle close to the doors edge, even though the automobile is keyless with a remote start. Using a key, remove the trim and access the hidden area
Read Also: Solar Panel Battery Bank Cost
Honda Civic Smart Key Fob 2014
Honda Civic smart key fob 2014-present
This is a step-by-step guide for all Honda Civic models from 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Start by pressing and sliding the button that releases the metal key to take the key out.
- The next step is to pry the key fob and open it. You can do this using a sizable flathead screwdriver or your key.
- Remove the dead battery. Note which side is negative and positive so as to replace them in the same manner. At the same time, ensure the new battery terminals are not touched. This is to avoid corrosion that may arise from the oil on your skin. It can shorten the batterys life.
- Now take the new battery and insert it where the old one was. The positive and negative marks inside the key fob should serve as a guide.
- To reassemble the fob, align the two halves of the key fob, then gently apply pressure until they snap back together.
- Finally, return your metal key to its original position.
Where Can I Find A Replacement Battery For My Honda
As mentioned above, most Honda car remote batteries take a CR2032 battery. This may vary so be sure to check your owners manual.
CR2032 batteries are very common and can be purchased at your local Honda Dealer, most supermarkets, tech stores and key-cutting stores.
If youve misplaced your car remote and require a replacement, be sure to get in touch with your local Honda Dealership to make sure you receive a genuine replacement.
Get in touch with your local Honda dealer here.
Don’t Miss: Best Battery For Dump Trailer
Why Is My Honda Civic Key Fob Not Working After Battery Replacement
Finding yourself in a situation where your Honda civic key fob is not working after battery replacement is quite frustrating. However, there are some reasons that will make your car key fob not work after replacing the battery that you should know. Besides, you can also see more reasons here.
They include the following.
Many people may not know this, but the key fob can reset when replacing the battery. Do not panic when this happens. It will make your Honda civic key fob fail to recognize your car. The best thing to do is to program your car key fob again.
How Do You Replace A Honda Car Key Battery
Whatâs the easiest way to replace your Honda car key battery? I bought a used car about a year ago, and the key fob is starting to die. Itâs probably about time I had it changed.
batteries typically last from three to four yearsreplace a Honda car key battery
- Step 1: Push and slide the button by the Honda logo to release your metal key.
- Step 2: Use the metal key to gently pry apart your key fob.
- Step 3: Carefully pry out the old battery with a flathead screwdriver. Take note of its positionâyouâll need to insert your new battery the same way.
- Step 4: Put your new battery in the battery slot, using the + and â markers as a guide.
- Step 5: Snap both halves of your key fob back together.
- Step 6: Test it out to make sure it works!
these instructions may not apply to every modelcheck your ownerâs manualusers save an average of $879 a year
Recommended Reading: Iphone 13 Pro Battery Percentage
Key Fob May Have Been Reset
To use the key fob, it must be connected with the vehicle. The vehicles receiver unit communicates with the key fobs transmitter.
Because of this reliance, no one else can unlock yours, not even someone who knows your cars brand and model. You may feel comfortable and secure in your vehicle thanks to the added level of protection.
When you change your battery or replace your key fob, the connections may be reset, causing your car to no longer recognize you.
Your key fob will need to be reprogrammed to work with the vehicle again. Its possible that you wont be able to start the automobile unless you reprogram it.
One more question: Does your Honda key fob have a red light that doesnt work?
Its possible that youll have to reset your key fob once more. Original key fobs have this problem, but aftermarket key fobs are plagued by it. Owners of pre-owned automobiles have had similar experiences.
Programming a key fob is a simple process. You can do it yourself for earlier models, but youll need specialized equipment and software for newer ones.
Because of this, you may need to seek help from a locksmith or a Honda shop. This is a more expensive option compared to the first.
S To Follow To Program Honda Civic Remote Control Unit
So you need to reset your car. These are steps to help you program your Honda remotes.
Step 1: Start by getting all the car remotes you have. However, only one remote will be required for the programming, although all remotes will be programmed. The process will delete the previous programming on all remotes.
Step 2: Get into the vehicle and ensure all doors are closed but unlocked. This process must be carried out from inside the car.
Step 3: Start by turning the key into the ON position, which is just one click from the ignition start. The lights on your accessories will come on as well as the dash lighting up.
Step 4: Count 5 seconds after you have turned on your key to the ON position. Then press the LOCK button on the remote control for a second.
Step 5: Turn the key back to the OFF position.
Step 6: Repeat steps 4 & 5 for additional two times to have a total of 3 ON/OFF cycles. However, make sure that each step happens within 5 seconds intervals from the previous one.
Step 7: This noise indicates your Honda is now in Remote Programming Mode. Do not turn the key off. For the fourth time, turn the key to the ON position, and on the remote, press the LOCK button. You will hear a clunk of noise on your car locks. However, the door will not have locked. The noise is an indication that the car has entered Remote Programming Mode.
You May Like: Aa Lithium Batteries For Blink Camera