Dont Buy A Prius Or Camry Hybrid Battery
The day has finally come. Your dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree and your Prius and Prius Battery is around 10 years old. Youve got a sinking feeling that the battery is going or has gone bad. No problem, you think. Ill just head over to my neighborhood Toyota dealer. And after a diagnostic scan and a P0A80 code, the maintenance department at Toyota suggests you have your Prius HV battery replaced with a new one. How much? you ask. We can fix that right up for ya just $3200. Or between $2200-$2600 BEFORE LABOR something like that. What the??? you ask, how that can that possibly be?! My car is only worth $2000. Well, they explain, the price is the price.
New high-voltage hybrid batteries are usually overkill for your used Prius or Camry. We believe we offer a more appropriate solution for your 10+ year old Camry or Prius.
But isnt that just a Band-Aid? Wont my car be on borrowed time? Of course, your car is on borrowed time. Its a CAR and cars eventually breakdown. So the question is, how long do you plan to drive your car? Are you wanting to keep it for the next 10 years? And do you think your already 10-year-old car will actually last that long?
There you go. Thats our two cents after repairing hundreds of these from our shop in Indianapolis, IN.
New & Reconditioned Camry Hybrid Batteries
Another option is to get all the cells in the battery replaced with rejuvenated cells. This process, often called reconditioning or refurbishing, is another option we offer for those who more budget-conscious.
A new battery replacement for your Toyota hybrid is the best short- and long-term option, but refurbished batteries come in at a close second.
What Are The Best Car Batteries To Buy
Contact the talented experts at Courtesy Toyota of Brandon and we will be able to help determine the best vehicle battery for your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid based on your needs and driving habits. Popular vehicle battery brands include DieHard Batteries, Odyssey, NAPA, AC Delco, Duralast, EverStart, just to name a few. This can be a tough question to answer. There are many factors that go into determining the “best” vehicle battery, as many vehicle batteries are designed with different factors in mind.
Don’t Miss: Enphase Battery Vs Tesla Powerwall 2
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Replacement
Replacing some types of batteries, particularly in newer models, can be very tricky as hood space in vehicles continues to shrink to improve performance. Because of this, some batteries can be difficult to access. You’ll want to check your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid owner’s manual for detailed information on where your battery is located. Oddly enough, some batteries can be located under the floorboard or in the trunk, yet, this is exceptionally rare.
How to replace your battery:
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery Cost
When you are buying for a 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid battery, there are a few things that you need to always keep in mind that will have an effect on the cost.What is the brand of the battery? Will you require our store to replace your battery or are you just looking to purchase the battery and install it yourself? What size engine does your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid have? What size battery do you need in your Toyota? These are just some of the many questions you should look into before choosing a specific battery or replacement at Courtesy Toyota of Brandon. Call us at 8132854632 and let our experts find the right battery for your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
The larger the battery the larger the Amp Hour rating of your battery, meaning it will provide more amps of electrical current per hour. The most directly correlated aspect of a battery’s price is its size.
Don’t Miss: Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Battery Size
How Do You Know If Your 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid Needs A New Battery
The most common symptoms of bad 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid batteries are if your vehicle is slow to start after turning the key, or if your battery cables and connectors show signs of heavy corrosion. You may still notice a boisterous clicking sound when turning the key or if your electronics work but the vehicle won’t start. These are all tell tale signs of failing batteries on your 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Give our experts at Toyota Greenville a call or book an online appointment here.
Where Are Toyota Camrys Made
I heard that the Toyota Camry is one of the most American-made cars you can buy. But isnât Toyota based in Japan? Where are Toyota Camrys manufactured?
Georgetown, Kentuckyglobal subsidiaries and operations centersismost American-made vehicle
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
45 secondssaves more than $800 a year
Also Check: How Long Does Hybrid Battery Last
Whats Involved In Maintaining Or Replacing A Battery
Batteries are not one size fits all. There are several things to consider:
- Size:Typically based on your vehicles make, model and engine type, it is literally the footprint of the battery, along with placement of the battery terminals. Every battery has a slightly different terminal placement. Take care to make sure the new battery you are putting into your car, truck or SUV is the same size as the one you are replacing. Its got to be apples to apples. In other words, dont try to fit a pineapple into the space reserved for a canteloupe.
- Age:Like a loaf of fresh-baked bread, batteries are best when fresh, within six months of manufacture. Most batteries, like the one in your current vehicle, will have a date code to tell you this information. When in doubt, call the battery maker to decipher the date code.
- Cold Cranking Amps: Can this battery start your frozen SUV at 0 degrees Fahrenheit in the dead of winter when the oil is as thick as molasses? The higher the Cold Cranking Amps rating, the better the batterys starting power. The rating refers to the number of amps a 12-volt battery can deliver at 0 degrees F for 30 seconds, while maintaining at least 7.2 volts.
- Reserve Capacity: In the case of an alternator failure, the Reserve Capacitywill give you an estimate of how long your cars battery will be able to run on battery power alone, without the help of the alternator.
Common Car Battery Issues & Problems
One of the most immensely common vehicle problems is a dead battery. We have all been there, whether you leave your lights on, don’t close a door entirely, or leave the radio too long without your engine running. But when does your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid battery need to be replaced? Here are a few crucial symptoms that may indicate your Camry Hybrid battery needs to be looked at by a Toyota mechanic or replaced.
- Delayed Engine Crank – when you attempt to start the vehicle, it takes longer than usual to roll over or start.
- Check Engine Light – the exceptionally conspicuous check engine light usually turns on when your battery is losing charge.
- Fluid Leaks or Corrosion – it’s common for battery fluid and other fluid leaks to cause needless corrosion which is an clear sign the battery needs to be replaced. Over time, corrosion will build commonly and can be cleaned to prolong the life of your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid battery.
- Low Battery Fluid Level – if the fluid level is low, you need to have the battery and charging system tested instantly.
You May Like: Who Makes Die Hard Batteries
How Often Should You Replace Your 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery
Every 3 to 5 years, but you should have your battery tested frequently for extreme drops in voltage to make sure it’s operating at a trustworthy level. Vehicle batteries usually carry 12 to 13 volts unless you have a high-performance battery. Anything higher than 13 volts may reveal a defective battery.
How Long Do 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid Batteries Last
2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid batteries ordinarily last between 3-5 years, but this is variable depending on driving habits, the type of battery, weather conditions, and more. You can prolong the life of your Camry Hybrid battery by:
- Keeping the battery tightly fastened – did you know the vibrations of your vehicle can loosen the connections and extremely rattle your battery’s components?
- Keeping your car stored indoors away from extreme swings in temperature or climate
- Proactively testing your battery
- Cleaning the terminals and posts of corrosion with the appropriate cleaning solution & a wire brush.
- Starting your 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid invariably is essential. Don’t let your battery go unused for long periods of time.
The Exclusively Hybrid Camry Battery Difference
At Exclusively Hybrid we have spent years designing, testing, and developing our very own new Camry hybrid batteries. These hybrid batteries have new modules, a unique design that allows for maximum airflow, and a 4-year warranty.
With Exclusively Hybrid, not only are you getting a new battery, you are getting a 4-year warranty for the ultimate in peace of mind.
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery $1899 Installed + Tax
*Prices subject to change*
If your Toyota CamryHybrid is out of the factory warranty then you are probably looking for a Toyota CamryHybrid Battery alternative to the dealership. The Toyota dealership Hybrid Battery is a good unit but at a much higher cost and with less warranty than we offer. Our Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery has a 4 Year Unlimited Mile warranty which means you can drive carefree with our battery installed in your vehicle. Did you know that your Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery is behind the rear seat of your Camry? Our professional installation is quick and careful ensuring that your interior is reassembled in the exact condition it was before the repair. We are meticulous and clean during our hybrid battery installation to ensure that you only have a positive experience when we replace your battery.
Don’t Miss: Best Car Battery Brands 2021
Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery
Your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid battery will typically last between 3 to 5 years, but that can fluctuate heavily depending on type of battery, weather conditions battery size, and driving habits. Even still, just because your battery isn’t utterly dead, doesn’t mean it’s operating correctly. For that reason, it is very crucial to have your battery inspected every time you visit a service center. Hopefully, you’re a client of Courtesy Toyota of Brandon and you will repeatedly receive a free multi-point examination of your vehicle during every service visit. Inspecting your battery and battery cables is part of this process. If you leave your battery unchecked, when it’s not running at optimal levels your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid can put pressure on the alternator or the starter to improve power. Drawing disproportionate power to compensate for the loss of energy from the battery can make your engine run outside of ideal conditions. In the end, this is going to cost you more money to fix. It’s very crucial for your Toyota battery to operate at near-perfect levels.
You Can Store It Inside A Box Or Container
. Toyotas dependable Hybrid Synergy Drive relies on a sophisticated hybrid battery. How much does a 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid battery cost. 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid Battery.
This includes the security system the key fob sensors. The location of the battery varies on different models but in most Camry hybrids the battery is located in the trunk. Because of this some batteries can be difficult to access.
Ad Our skilled technicians are available 7 days a week to come to you for installation. Ad Great Toyota Service at a Great Value. This 12 Volt auxiliary battery powers the vehicle electrical system similar to a conventional vehicle.
Where to Find the 12V Battery. As with other conventional vehicles the negative terminal of the auxiliary battery is. How long does a Toyota Camry Hybrid last.
Ad Great Toyota Service at a Great Value. Schedule Service With the Experts Today. Normally the your vehicles battery is located at the front and on the left side or in other words driver part driver.
Up to 4 cash back The 12V battery in hybrid vehicles can be located in different places. Although some batteries last much. GEN 1 2007-2011.
Mechanics want to charge over 100 in labor to replace your 12 V battery. It was a very simple thing and so far the better has been working great. 69 reviews of Hybrid Battery Solutions I took my 2012 Toyota Prius with 225k miles with my original battery which was giving me a hybrid battery check sign on my dash board with all the.
Pin On 2nd Life Battery
Don’t Miss: What Voltage Is Motorcycle Battery
Hybrid Battery Suitable For 2012
- Regular price
Adding product to your cart
The Toyota Camry is one of the most popular hybrid vehicles in Australia. We stock a range of genuine OEM, aftermarket, and refurbished / aftermarket battery options for your Toyota Camry 50 series.
This battery is suitable for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Toyota Camry 50 series.
We dont just sell top-of-the-market hybrid batteries. Take advantage of our hybrid battery replacement service too! With multiple installation options to choose from, we work with you to make sure that your battery replacement is as easy as can be. Bring your Toyota Camry 50 Series into our workshop or let us bring the expertise to you. If you prefer to do it yourself, our kits come with full instructions.
We also have hybrid batteries for other popular Toyota hybrids such as the Prius, Prius Gen2, Prius C, Prius V, and the Camry 40 series.
How Do 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid Batteries Work
SLI stands for starting, lighting, and ignition. This type of battery produces energy in order to power your lights, accessories, and engine. So, how do car batteries work? Most car batteries rely on a lead-acid chemical reaction to get your car off & running. These types of batteries are considered part of the SLI category. Once the energy reaches your engine, the alternator provides power. You can learn more about other types of batteries by reaching out to one of our helpful service consultants. We offer a great selection and the best prices on batteries that were designed for your car. If you are shopping for a battery for your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid, count on Courtesy Toyota of Brandon. Book your service appointment immediately online today or call us at 8132854632 with any questions. With the help of our 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid battery experts, we will get you back on the road instantly. We look forward to working with you!
Don’t Miss: Invicta Watch Battery Replacement Chart
Are 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid Batteries Covered Under Warranty
Most genuine OEM Toyota batteries sold at Courtesy Toyota of Brandon are covered under some type of warranty for potentially up to 24 months. Give us a call at 8132854632 so we can look up the battery that was installed and confirm the warranty for you. There are a wide range of reasons why a battery would not be covered under warranty such as:
- Camry Hybrid Batteries that were physically broken prior to inspection
- Camry Hybrid Batteries connected to non-OEM components
- Camry Hybrid Batteries with cracks
- Camry Hybrid Batteries that have been recharged
How To Jumpstart A 2012
1. Getting Started – Prepare for the repair
2. Access Battery – Learn where the battery is located
3. Jump Points – Locate the positive terminal and the ground
4. Jump Procedure – Correctly hook up the jumper cables and jump
5. Replace Cover – Ensure the cover is put back properly
6. After the Jump – Tips to follow after jumping the dead battery
7. Troubleshoot – If the jump didn’t work, try these adjustments
8. More Info. – Additional thoughts on jumping a dead battery
- Advance Auto coupon for20% off entire order: KIOSK20
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
You May Like: Replace Battery In Honeywell Thermostat
How Long Do 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid Batteries Last
2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid batteries usually last between 3-5 years, but this is variable depending on the type of battery, weather conditions, driving habits, and more. You can prolong the life of your Camry Hybrid battery by:
- Proactively testing your battery
- Cleaning the terminals and posts of corrosion with the appropriate cleaning solution & a wire brush.
- Keeping the battery tightly fastened – did you know the vibrations of your vehicle can loosen the connections and drastically rattle your battery’s components?
- Keeping your vehicle stored indoors away from extreme swings in temperature or climate
- Starting your 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid consistently is critical. Don’t let your battery go unused for long periods of time.