Chevy Traverse Battery Price
2013 Chevy Traverse pricing is again laboriously dependent on whether or not you want to install the new battery yourself or have Bill Estes Chevy Buick GMC Lebanon install it for you. Over the years, hood space has shrunk as the performance of vehicles has greatly increased and as a result, each now and then the battery is not easily available. If thatâs the case or you’d like a Chevy trained mechanic to install your battery, the price of labor may add an additional $20-$40 to your service bill depending on the market. The good news is Bill Estes Chevy Buick GMC Lebanon offers an assortment of services and components specials when it comes to vehicle batteries, and in many cases if you purchase a battery at Bill Estes Chevy Buick GMC Lebanon, we may be able to install your battery at no additional cost. Contact Bill Estes Chevy Buick GMC Lebanon to discover more about battery installation today.
How Do You Know If Your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse Needs A New Battery
The most ordinary symptoms of bad 2013 Chevrolet Traverse batteries are if your car is slow to start after turning the key, or if your battery cables and connectors show signs of gargantuan corrosion. You may also notice a clicking sound when turning the key or if your electronics work but the car won’t start. These are each tell tale signs of failing batteries on your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse. Give our mentors at Bill Estes Chevy a call or book an online appointment here.
How Do I Replace The Battery In My Chevrolet
A confident do-it-your-selfer can replace a vehicle battery. Start by checking your vehicle owners manual for the batterys proper size and location. Find the positive and negative posts. The positive post will have a red plastic cover over it. Look for a + sign stamped onto the battery or printed on a nearby label. Loosen the negative terminal bolt and remove the cable. Be sure not to touch the positive post. Once you loosen the bolt, use a terminal puller to remove the cable. Repeat the sequence with the positive post.
Now remove the clamp or retaining system that keeps the battery in place. Carefully lift out the old battery. Look for any corrosion on the cables and remove it with a wire brush or terminal cleaning tool.
Drop in the new battery so that the positive post lines up with the red cable. Secure it with the battery retaining clamp that you removed earlier. If the battery has anti-corrosion washers, put them in place now and use a thin layer of anti-corrosion grease to prevent buildup. Tighten the positive cable and then do it all over again with the negative black cable.
Make sure the battery is secure and congratulations: youve replaced your cars battery!
Read Also: Places To Buy Car Batteries
When Replacing The Battery Keep In Mind:
- The quality of the electrical connections to the battery posts is important. Connections must be clean, free of corrosion and properly tightened.
- Batteries store a large amount of energy and if short-circuited a battery could explode and can create intense discharges that can damage your eyesight. Insulated tools should be used to attach cabling to battery terminals. Otherwise, the batterys positive cable can be shorted to ground or the positive and negative posts can be directly shorted. Batteries can only be safely installed from a positive terminal to positive wiring and from a negative terminal to body ground. If the polarity is reversed damage will likely occur to the vehicles electrical system.
- Generally, a car battery will have a service life of 4 to 7 years. If a load test on a battery reveals a significant reduction in the capacity of the battery to provide power, you should buy a new battery rather than wait for the old battery to fail completely.
- Batteries should only be disconnected if the engine is off and the alternator is not running. Disconnecting a car battery while the alternator is running can cause a voltage spike that will damage sensitive electronic components in the vehicle, such as the PCM.
Fast and easy service at your home or office
Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee
How Do You Know If Your 2013 Chevy Traverse Needs A New Battery
The most common symptoms of bad 2013 Chevy Traverse batteries are if your car is slow to start after turning the key, or if your battery cables and connectors show signs of heavy corrosion. You may also notice a clicking sound when turning the key or if your electronics work but the car won’t start. These are all tell tale signs of failing batteries on your 2013 Chevy Traverse. Give our experts at Hare Chevy a call or book an online appointment here.
Don’t Miss: Mazda Cx 5 Battery Replacement
Chevrolet Traverse Battery Replacement
Replacing some types of batteries, very in newer models, can be largely tricky as hood space in vehicles continues to shrink to improve performance. Because of this, some batteries can be difficult to access. You’ll want to check your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse owner’s manual for accurate information on where your battery is located. Oddly enough, some batteries can be located under the floorboard or in the trunk, however, this is highly scarce.
How to replace your battery:
Where Is The Battery Located In A 2013 Chevrolet Traverse
I read online that you should check your vehicleâs battery every so often for corrosion or bad connections, but when I opened my hood, I couldnât find the battery. Where is the battery located in a 2013 Chevrolet Traverse?
in the floor, behind the passengerâs seat45 seconds
Recommended Reading: How To Replace Battery In Nissan Key Fob
How Do Mechanics Replace The Battery
- A temporary power source might be installed to avoid the possibility of losing radio presets or stored data in the PCM while the battery is out. When the battery is already completely dead, this step is unnecessary.
- The vehicles negative cable is removed from the battery, followed by the positive cable. The battery tie down system is loosened and the old battery removed.
- Cable ends and wiring are carefully inspected to ensure cleanliness and no corrosion. In some cases, corrosion can be extreme and the cable may need to be replaced or wiring repaired.
- The new battery is installed and the tie down system is reinstalled. Anti-corrosion compound is applied to the battery terminals. The positive terminal is reconnected followed by the negative terminal.
- Some vehicles, for example some models of BMW, VW, and Audi, may require PCM programming to input battery parameters. This step, performed using a specialized scan tool, is necessary to maximize battery life and prevent electrical system malfunctions.
- The car is started and charging system output is measured and compared against the factory OEM specification to ensure that the new battery will properly recharge. Generally, charging output will be in the range of 13.8 to 14.8 volts but the exact specifications vary by make and model.
Nalley Chevrolet Battery Replacement & Chevrolet Batteries For Sale
Our Chevrolet factory-trained mechanics can change your Traverse battery rapidly at competitive rates. At Nalley Chevrolet, our service team is comprised of Chevrolet certified mechanics that can help diagnose what is culpable with your battery. Call Nalley Chevrolet at 7707637942 or schedule battery service online for the fastest battery replacement in Union City GA.We will check your battery for any authentic fixes such as examining your battery for corrosion build-up before recommending a full battery replacement. Our paramount goal is client service unlike bountiful further auto repair shops. Sometimes it is just a poor battery connection and tightening or reconnecting loose components might get your 2021 Chevrolet Traverse started again. Outstanding service and affordable prices are just two of bountiful reasons people do business with Nalley Chevrolet.
Read Also: Best Battery Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Chevrolet Traverse Battery Cost
When you are shopping for a 2013 Chevrolet Traverse battery, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind that will have an effect on the cost.Will you require our dealer to replace your battery or are you just researching to purchase the battery and install it yourself? What is the brand of the battery? What size engine does your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse have? What size battery do you need in your Chevrolet? These are just some of the many questions you should look into before choosing a explicit battery or replacement at Bill Estes Chevy Indianapolis. Call us at 3176435230 and let our experts find the right battery for your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse.
The most directly correlated characteristic of a battery’s price is its size. The larger the battery the larger the Amp Hour rating of your battery, meaning it will cater to more amps of electrical current per hour.
Coggin Chevrolet At The Avenues Battery Replacement & Chevrolet Batteries For Sale
Call Coggin Chevrolet at the Avenues at 9045745317 or schedule battery service online for the fastest battery replacement in Jacksonville FL. Our Chevrolet factory-certified mechanics can change your Traverse battery promptly at exceedingly aggressive prices. At Coggin Chevrolet at the Avenues, our service team is comprised of Chevrolet proficient certified technicians that can help diagnose what is wrong with your battery.We will check your battery for any simple fixes such as carefully examining your battery for corrosion build-up before recommending a full battery replacement. Periodically it is just a poor battery connection and tightening or reconnecting loose components might get your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse started again. Our main purpose is consumer service unlike many other auto repair shops. Outstanding service and inexpensive prices are just two of many reasons people do business with Coggin Chevrolet at the Avenues.
Read Also: Are Solar Batteries Worth It
When To Replace A Car Battery
- Your car doesnt start. A new battery has a specified capacity to provide power. This capacity is referred to as the cranking amps rating of the battery. As a battery ages, the actual amps that a battery can supply becomes lower than its original rating Once the cranking amps fall below a critical threshold, it will be difficult or impossible to start your car.
- Battery or charging system warning light is illuminated. Should a battery or charging system warning light illuminate, a mechanic should perform a few basic tests to determine if a battery replacement is needed.
- Electrical components dont work. Once a battery has started to fail, and the voltage produced by the battery drops, then vehicle electrical components can malfunction, such as the security system. If you are experiencing electrical malfunctions, its a smart idea to have the battery tested.
Chevrolet Traverse Battery Price
2013 Chevrolet Traverse pricing is also heavily dependent on whether or not you want to install the new battery yourself or have Bill Estes Chevy Indianapolis install it for you. Over the years, hood space has shrunk as the performance of vehicles has increased and as a result, sometimes the battery is not easily marvelous. If thats the case or you’d like a Chevrolet trained technician to install your battery, the value of labor may add an added $20-$40 to your service bill depending on the market. The distinguished news is Bill Estes Chevy Indianapolis offers innumerable services and parts specials when it comes to car batteries, and in innumerable cases if you buy a battery at Bill Estes Chevy Indianapolis, we may be able to install your battery at no added cost. Contact Bill Estes Chevy Indianapolis to represent more about battery installation now.
Recommended Reading: 2012 Ford Focus Battery Replacement
How Does A Car Battery Work
The battery in your vehicle is there to provide a jolt of electrical energy to start the engine and to provide engine-off accessory power for a limited amount of time. Once the engine is running, the alternator takes over to power the accessories and charge the battery. Car batteries typically feature six connected cells in a lead-acid formulation, or up to 12 cells in a 24-volt system found in heavy trucks or other large vehicles.
Are 2013 Chevy Traverse Batteries Covered Under Warranty
Most genuine OEM Chevy batteries sold at Hare Chevrolet are covered under some type of warranty for potentially up to 24 months. Give us a call at 3173336958 so we can look up the battery that was installed and confirm the warranty for you. There are a few reasons why a battery would not be covered under warranty such as:
- Traverse Batteries that were physically damaged prior to inspection
- Traverse Batteries with cracks
Also Check: 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Battery
Common Car Battery Issues & Problems
We have all been there, whether you leave your lights on, don’t close a door completely, or leave the radio too long without your engine running. One of the most commonplace car problems is a dead battery. But when does your 2013 Chevy Traverse battery need to be replaced? Here are a few symptoms that may indicate your Traverse battery needs to be looked at by a Chevy mechanic or replaced.
- Fluid Leaks or Corrosion – it’s known for battery fluid and other fluid leaks to cause excessive corrosion which is an clear-cut sign the battery needs to be replaced. Over time, corrosion will build commonly and can be cleaned to prolong the life of your 2013 Chevy Traverse battery.
- Delayed Engine Crank – when you attempt to start the vehicle, it takes longer than regular to roll over or start.
- Check Engine Light – the check engine light commonly turns on when your battery is losing charge.
- Low Battery Fluid Level – if the fluid level is low, you need to have the battery and charging system tested.
Chevrolet Traverse Battery Coupons & Specials In Jacksonville
You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse parts specials here. Coggin Chevy offers monthly battery coupons for your 2013 Chevrolet Traverse. From full battery replacement to labor cost savings to huge discounts on battery parts, Coggin Chevy has you covered.If you can’t find the battery you’re looking for or want to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 9045745317 today. Our Chevrolet Traverse technicians are standing by to help you with all your automotive service needs.
Don’t Miss: Battery Light On In Car
How To Know That Your Chevy Traverse Batteries Is Getting Weak
We bet that all types of batteries, even the Chevy Traverse ones, get weaker as time passes, and it will show some noticeable signs for you to realize. Still, these things can happen simultaneously or step by step according to different cases.
Weak batteries can create an audible buzzing or clicking sound under the hood or make the cranking slower when you attempt to start the vehicle up.
Due to the heavy corrosion build-up between connectors and battery cables in these cases, your car probably cannot start. The electronics can somehow work, but your automobile does not.
Regarding a faulty battery, dimming the headlight is another sign that you should pay attention to. If any issue you suffer from falls into one of these cases, its an ideal time for you to check your Chevy Traverse immediately.
Lets make use of a local dealer or an auto part store for careful inspection. They provide free battery testing and help you decide whether to install or charge an automotive battery. Of course, they also consider the eligible warranty of your Chevy Traverse battery.
View more: How Long Does A Car Battery Last
Chevy Traverse Battery Coupons & Specials In Indianapolis
From full battery replacement to labor cost savings to huge discounts on battery components, Bill Estes Chevy Buick GMC has you covered. You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse components specials here. Bill Estes Chevy Buick GMC offers monthly battery coupons for your 2013 Chevy Traverse.If you can’t find the battery you’re looking for or want to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 3178545995 today. Our Chevy Traverse mechanics are standing by to help you with all your automotive service needs.
You May Like: Interstate Batteries Srm-24 Marine/rv Deep Cycle Battery
Chevy Traverse Battery Cost
Will you require our dealership to replace your battery or are you just looking to purchase the battery and install it yourself? These are just a bit of the many questions you should glance into before choosing a various battery or replacement at Hare Chevrolet. Call us at 3173336958 and let our consultants find the prudent battery for your 2013 Chevy Traverse. What is the brand of the battery? When you are search for a 2013 Chevy Traverse battery, there are a bit things that you need to keep in mind that will own an effect on the cost. What size engine does your 2013 Chevy Traverse have? What size battery do you need in your Chevy?
The most directly correlated aspect of a battery’s price is its size. The larger the battery the larger the Amp Hour rating of your battery, meaning it will provide more amps of electrical existing per hour.